Saturday 28 December 2013

Saying Goodbye to 2013

Another fresh new year is here. Another year to live. To overpower our worries, doubts and fears. To love and laugh and give. To forget and forgive. To commit mistakes and learn from them. To improve ourselves and others. So let us be thankful that God continues to bless us another year.

However, my fellow friends, let us not forget all the incidents happened in our life this year, 2013. Let us ask ourselves. Did we achieve our goals? Did we manage to improve ourselves? Did we manage to fight and win the challenges which we faced? Did we hurt anybody? Did we forget and forgive our enemies? Are we happy? Are we satisfied? So let us look back our past, my fellow friends.
 
We all know that many things happened, not only in our lifes but also to our country. This year, the Philippines faced many tragedies, just like the crisis in Mindanao, the earthquake in Cebu and Bohol, the Typhoon 'Yolanda' which struck Tacloban and other incidents. Yes, many people's lives were changed, many people's love ones, homes were taken from them in just a blink of an eye, and this still marked in minds of many. Others were traumatized, others steal and kill to survive. How could we forget these incidents. But even though, the Philippines faced these problems, we still manage to stand up and fight. And that is something the world sees. That my friends is something we the Filipinos should be proud of. But let us look at the bright side, there are also many things that made Philippines a proud country right.

Not everytime, we will be successful, there is always failures. Yes, it is impossible that a person would not experience failures, right? Because I believe that before you succeed you always fail first. There are no people in the world, who did not fail. So don't lose hope my friends. We have another year. That is why God gave us another year right, to improve, to succeed. But let us not forget that to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream: not only plan, but also believe. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

And for me, well, I could say that, I am very thankful to God for all the blessings, I receive, the patience, the strength, and all things that made Jeff, the Jeff you know. I am very thankful to my bestfriend in Brunei and my friends and families in Brunei and the Philippines, who is always been supportive and always there for me during my brightest and darkest hour and always making me happy. And yes, I faced many challenges, I learned from my mistakes, I accomplished many things, and I realized many things. And yes, I feel proud also that I helped other people with their problems. Thank you for trusting this Big Jeff. So always remember Jeff is always here to help, for you are not alone and I am not alone. But hahaha Unfortunately, I did not manage to fully accomplished one of my 2013 new year's resolution, and that is to get thin, hahaha maybe next year. How could I ever forget this year. The year, that I faced my new life in the Philippines and would you look at that, I survived.

Soon, the year 2013, will end, we will face another year,  another challenge, another journey for our journey, doesn't stop here, we must continue to fight, do not lose hope and continue to have faith to our God Almighty. Remember, on the first day of January is the first blank page of a 365 page book. So write a good one hahahaha. Good bye 2013, and Hello 2014.

Happy New Year to all my friends and wish u all the best. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment