Thursday 27 March 2014

The Unknown Side

There are things that we hide, there are things that we want to change, but isn't it unfair to other people to hide our real personality? We are afraid, but maybe it's time to show our unknown side.

You, me,  them, everbody have our own unknown side. We are afraid to let it go and instead we prefer to hide it. Why? Because we fear that people might not accept and like who we trully are. Maybe, we are just protecting ourselves. The problem is, we humans intend to judge other people without even knowing the real truth behind it. Ignorance!!! We are ignorant. I, myself is a victim of being ignorant.

However, a person help me escape from being a prisoner of my own ignorance. He help me to move on and help me to start a new life. If it weren't for him, I would have rot and died in that prison that I created. Now let me tell you our story.

So, let me call him Draco Malfoy, the name I created exclusively for him. Well you guys might be thinking why that name. It is because of his attitude, or to be more specific, his horrible attitude. Let me add annoying, ambitious, rude, insensitive and all those bad adjectives that can be use to describe a person. He is said to ge the most hated person in the class and I, myself dislike him. Sometimes we would talk, but I will just pretend to listen. Sometimes I would say negative things behind his back and sometimes I would think to myself that he has zero chance of changing. But I am wrong.

One day, while I am sitting on the train beside my most hated friend. I don't know what force or thing that struck me, made me listen to me. He was telling me about how he feels that almost everybody in the class hated him. He also told me his high school days and told me that all his life, he didn't experience the true meaning of friendship. And that is when I realized that he is lonely and all he wanted is a friend, a real friend and at that moment, I felt bad, I was wrong to judge him, how could I be so cruel to him. So I told him that I will help you change if you will help yourself also.

Now, the Draco Malfoy is no longer the Draco Malfoy I knew. I saw his commitment to change, he listened to all my advices and now I am proud to say that those negative adjectives that I used to describe him are now positive adjectives. And what makes me more proud is that he became a good friend of mine and I can't believe that I, who once a hater, now a good friend. He deserves my respect, my protection and my loyalty. Even our classmates are shocked on what he had become. He also got the trust of my another good friend and my idol, Mr Lance, who also contributed to helping to change our friend.

The lesson here is very simple. Firstly, don't judge a person until you haven't discover his unknown side. Secondly, give them a chance to show who they trully are. Thirdly, if you are given a chance to make a difference to a person's life, do it. Lastly, always believe that everybody can change and it is never too late to do that.

All I can say is that, Its been a great honour and blessing that you my friend came to my life and help and guide me to the right path. Indeed God works in mysterious ways.

Hahaha thank you very much Mr. Lance for giving me the inspiration to write this blog. I dedicate this to Mr. Draco Malfoy and to all reader I hope you like it. GOD BLESS TO EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment